Potential Bullish on EUR/CHF


Potential Bullish on EUR/CHF

FX Daily: Potential Bullish on EUR/CHF


Although political risk remains the main concern in the Eurozone, a series of weak US data has provided some short-term support for the euro.In contrast, low inflation and a second rate cut by the SNB make the CHF attractive for carry trades, but its safe-haven status should be considered in light of rising political risk in France.


EUR: Although further upside on a hung parliament should be limited, political uncertainty is likely to remain elevated long after the election is over. This could dampen momentum in Euro area activity data and potentially reinforce the case for ECB cuts. However, a series of weak economic data from the US, including the June employment report, has provided some support for the euro. Additional support might come from Fed Chair Jerome Powell’s semiannual testimony before the Senate and the House if he maintains a balanced tone, echoing his recent speech in Sintra, and from US CPI-inflation numbers for June if the data show progress on disinflation. Even though these developments will limit the further upside of the euro against the USD, this backdrop could benefit the euro crosses, especially against extremely weak currencies like the CHF, CAD, and JPY, barring any strong developments from them in the near term.

CHF: The SNB’s June meeting clarified that CHF strength was not in line with its policy. Despite inflation tracking in line with the bank’s forecast, the SNB’s decision to ease rates was largely based on curtailing CHF strength, which poses deflationary risks for the economy. Sight deposit data show little evidence of active SNB intervention to weaken the CHF, but further political-risk-driven market moves may prompt the SNB to take a heavier hand between meetings. Softer CPI prints for Switzerland are also likely to help drive the CHF down and disperse any remaining expectations of a policy pivot from the SNB. Moreover, manufacturing PMI input prices are also edging lower, suggesting near-term CPI downside. This means the CHF could weaken against the USD or other high-beta currencies if risk sentiment improves.

FX View:

DXM: A Tool to Gauge Retail Sentiments

EUR/CHF Current Retail Long/Short Position

The DXM shows that 16% of traders are bullish, while the remaining 84% are bearish, reflecting the predominant retail sentiment. This sentiment offers a contrasting trading opportunity since retail traders tend to consistently lose money in the long term.

Seasonality Analysis: The Historical Movement of the Currencies  

EUR Futures’ seasonality movement

The seasonal pattern for the EUR suggests bullish momentum in the near term.

CHF Futures’ seasonality movement

The seasonal pattern for the CHF suggests bullish momentum in the near term but the latest economic development in Switzerland is not favor with this bullish seasonal pattern.

Sources: Prime Market Terminal


Disclaimer: This material is provided for informational purposes only and does not constitute financial, investment or other advice. No opinion contained in this material constitutes a recommendation by Trive International or its author as to any particular investment, transaction or investment strategy and should not be relied upon in making any investment decision. In particular, the information does not consider the individual investment objectives or financial circumstances of the individual investor Trive International shall not be liable for any loss, damage or injury arising from the use of this information. Trive International may or may not be able to provide equity in the companies. The value of your investment may go down as well as up.



No comments

댓글 남기기
Your Email Address Will Not Be Published.



TriveHub, 금융 역량 강화의 시작 

저희의 포괄적인 금융 교육 플랫폼인 TriveHub를 탐험해 보세요. 시장 인사이트, 전문가 가이드, 프리미엄 콘텐츠가 함께 모여 여러분의 투자 여정을 형성합니다. 주식, 통화, 가상화폐 등 어떤 것이 관심을 끌든지, 우리는 여러분이 정보에 기반한 결정을 내릴 수 있도록 필요한 지식을 제공합니다.
모든 금융 상품은 마진 거래 시 자본에 높은 위험을 수반합니다.모든 투자자에게 적합하지 않으며 초기 예치금보다 더 많은 손실을 입을 수 있습니다. 관련된 위험을 완전히 이해하고 필요한 경우 독립적인 조언을 구하시기 바랍니다. 자세한 내용은 전체 위험 공시, 영업 약관, 개인정보 보호정책을 참조하십시오. 
로그인 기능 지원 및 신뢰할 수 있는 미디어 파트너가 사이트 사용량을 분석할 수 있도록 쿠키를 사용합니다. 쿠키를 활성화한 상태로 사이트를 탐색하면 전체 사이트 경험을 즐길 수 있습니다. 쿠키 사용에 동의하게 되며, 자세한 내용은 쿠키 정보를 참조하십시오.
이 웹사이트(trivehub.com)는 Trive International의 소유이며, Trive International Ltd.의 등록 상표입니다. Trive International Ltd.는 영국령 버진 아일랜드 금융 당국인 금융 서비스 위원회(FSC BVI)의 인가 및 규제를 받으며, 회사 번호 1728826 및 라이선스 번호 BVI SIBA/L/14/1066으로 등록되어 있습니다.

© 2024 Trivehub

Trivehub is operated by Trive International. The information on this site is for informational purposes only and does not constitute investment advice.