Potential Bullish on EUR/CAD


Potential Bullish on EUR/CAD


As rate cut expectations in the Eurozone have been factored in for a few weeks, the market is now reassessing the timing of a rate cut by the ECB as economic conditions improve. In contrast, March's inflation data from Canada has bolstered the argument for a potential rate cut at the June meeting and Governor Macklem emphasized that inflation is still moving in the desired direction.


Macro View:

EUR: Presently, market sentiment leans towards the sustained enhancement of Eurozone external imbalances serving as a substantial pillar bolstering the EUR, particularly against other currencies. Investors in the foreign exchange arena anticipate further validation of the ongoing improvement in the Eurozone economic landscape. They await updates on deliberations within the Governing Council, particularly regarding the prospective timing of forthcoming rate adjustments. Absent substantial data setbacks or dovish rhetoric from ECB officials, the EUR is anticipated to maintain its resilience relative to other G10 currencies.

CAD: March's inflation data from Canada has bolstered the argument for a potential rate cut at the June meeting. Core inflation has dipped below 2% on a 3-month annualized basis. Unless there are unforeseen developments in the April inflation figures, a rate cut in June seems highly likely. Governor Macklem emphasized that inflation is still moving in the desired direction, aligning with the Governing Council's preference for sustained evidence of downward inflation momentum. Furthermore, recent GDP and retail sales figures suggest weakness in Canada's economy, which could further incentivize the BoC to consider an earlier rate cut.


FX View:

DXM: A Tool to Gauge Retail Sentiments

EUR/CAD Current Retail Long/Short Position

The DXM shows that 19.5% of traders are bullish, while the remaining 80.5% are bearish, reflecting the predominant retail sentiment. This sentiment offers a contrasting trading opportunity since retail traders tend to consistently lose money in the long term.

Seasonality Analysis: The Historical Movement of the Currencies  

EUR Futures’ seasonality movement

The seasonal pattern for the EUR suggests bullish momentum in the near term.

Sources: Prime Market Terminal


Disclaimer: This material is provided for informational purposes only and does not constitute financial, investment or other advice. No opinion contained in this material constitutes a recommendation by Trive International or its author as to any particular investment, transaction or investment strategy and should not be relied upon in making any investment decision. In particular, the information does not consider the individual investment objectives or financial circumstances of the individual investor Trive International shall not be liable for any loss, damage or injury arising from the use of this information. Trive International may or may not be able to provide equity in the companies. The value of your investment may go down as well as up.



No comments

댓글 남기기
Your Email Address Will Not Be Published.



TriveHub, 금융 역량 강화의 시작 

저희의 포괄적인 금융 교육 플랫폼인 TriveHub를 탐험해 보세요. 시장 인사이트, 전문가 가이드, 프리미엄 콘텐츠가 함께 모여 여러분의 투자 여정을 형성합니다. 주식, 통화, 가상화폐 등 어떤 것이 관심을 끌든지, 우리는 여러분이 정보에 기반한 결정을 내릴 수 있도록 필요한 지식을 제공합니다.
모든 금융 상품은 마진 거래 시 자본에 높은 위험을 수반합니다.모든 투자자에게 적합하지 않으며 초기 예치금보다 더 많은 손실을 입을 수 있습니다. 관련된 위험을 완전히 이해하고 필요한 경우 독립적인 조언을 구하시기 바랍니다. 자세한 내용은 전체 위험 공시, 영업 약관, 개인정보 보호정책을 참조하십시오. 
로그인 기능 지원 및 신뢰할 수 있는 미디어 파트너가 사이트 사용량을 분석할 수 있도록 쿠키를 사용합니다. 쿠키를 활성화한 상태로 사이트를 탐색하면 전체 사이트 경험을 즐길 수 있습니다. 쿠키 사용에 동의하게 되며, 자세한 내용은 쿠키 정보를 참조하십시오.
이 웹사이트(trivehub.com)는 Trive International의 소유이며, Trive International Ltd.의 등록 상표입니다. Trive International Ltd.는 영국령 버진 아일랜드 금융 당국인 금융 서비스 위원회(FSC BVI)의 인가 및 규제를 받으며, 회사 번호 1728826 및 라이선스 번호 BVI SIBA/L/14/1066으로 등록되어 있습니다.

© 2024 Trivehub

Trivehub is operated by Trive International. The information on this site is for informational purposes only and does not constitute investment advice.