Potential Bullish on EUR/GBP

1 comment

Potential Bullish on EUR/GBP


As rate cut expectations in the Eurozone have been factored in for a few weeks, the market is now reassessing the timing of a rate cut by the ECB as economic conditions improve. However, Governor Bailey's recent remarks suggest that rate cuts may occur in the upcoming quarters, potentially sooner than the market currently anticipates. Today, the focus is on UK labor data; any significant downside surprise could lead markets to believe a rate cut will happen in June.


Macro View:

EUR: Presently, market sentiment leans towards the sustained enhancement of Eurozone external imbalances serving as a substantial pillar bolstering the EUR, particularly against other currencies. Investors in the foreign exchange arena anticipate further validation of the ongoing improvement in the Eurozone economic landscape. They await updates on deliberations within the Governing Council, particularly regarding the prospective timing of forthcoming rate adjustments. Absent substantial data setbacks or dovish rhetoric from ECB officials, the EUR is anticipated to maintain its resilience relative to other G10 currencies.



GBP: The outcome of the May policy meeting may render the GBP susceptible to potential disappointments in UK data, potentially catalyzing preemptive actions by investors to anticipate more assertive easing measures by the BoE. Governor Bailey's recent remarks hint at the likelihood of forthcoming rate cuts in the ensuing quarters, possibly outpacing current market expectations. Notably, the prospect of a June rate cut remains contingent upon prevailing circumstances rather than being a foregone conclusion. In the immediate term, market attention will pivot towards forthcoming UK labor market statistics followed by inflation data. Additionally, scrutiny will be directed towards comments from members of the MPC for insights into the evolving consensus on the necessity for rate adjustments.

FX View:

DXM: A Tool to Gauge Retail Sentiments

EUR/GBP Current Retail Long/Short Position

The DXM shows that 32.7% of traders are bullish, while the remaining 67.3% are bearish, reflecting the predominant retail sentiment. This sentiment offers a contrasting trading opportunity since retail traders tend to consistently lose money in the long term.

Seasonality Analysis: The Historical Movement of the Currencies  

EUR Futures’ seasonality movement

The seasonal pattern for the EUR suggests bullish momentum in the near term.

Sources: Prime Market Terminal


Disclaimer: This material is provided for informational purposes only and does not constitute financial, investment or other advice. No opinion contained in this material constitutes a recommendation by Trive International or its author as to any particular investment, transaction or investment strategy and should not be relied upon in making any investment decision. In particular, the information does not consider the individual investment objectives or financial circumstances of the individual investor Trive International shall not be liable for any loss, damage or injury arising from the use of this information. Trive International may or may not be able to provide equity in the companies. The value of your investment may go down as well as up.


Very insightful

Leave a comment
Your Email Address Will Not Be Published.



TriveHub, where financial empowerment begins. 

Explore our comprehensive financial education platform, where market insights, expert guidance, and premium content come together to shape your investment journey. Whether it's stocks, currencies, or cryptocurrencies that pique your interest, we provide the knowledge you need to make informed decisions.
All financial products traded on margin carry a high degree of risk to your capital. They are not suited to all investors, and you can lose more than your initial deposit. Please ensure that you fully understand the risks involved and seek independent advice if necessary. For further information, please see our full Risk Disclosure, Terms of Business, and Privacy Policy. 
We use cookies to support features like login and allow trusted media partners to analyze aggregated site usage. Keep cookies enabled to enjoy the full site experience. By browsing our site with cookies enabled, you are agreeing to their use. Review our cookie information for more details.
This website (trivehub.com) belongs to Trive International, and it is the registered trademark of Trive International Ltd. Trive International Ltd. is authorized and regulated by the British Virgin Islands’ financial authority, named Financial Services Commission (“FSC BVI"), under the company number 1728826 and license number BVI SIBA/L/14/1066.

© 2024 Trivehub

Trivehub is operated by Trive International. The information on this site is for informational purposes only and does not constitute investment advice.